150g Extra firm Tofu
5 eggs, hard boiled, shell off
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
5 Star anise
20g Rock sugar
2 cup Chicken broth
5g Five spices powder
1. Cut tofu parallel to edge ¼ inch apart and ⅔ deep. Do not cut through. Turn over, start from one corner, cut diagonally to the opposite corner and ⅔ deep. Do not cut through.
2. Deep fry tofu until golden. Then re-fry to drive off excess oil.
3. Deep fry eggs till golden.
4. In a large skillet, over low heat, add about 1 Tbsp oil, tea, star anise and rock sugar, stir and turn up heat to high, add cooking wine, soy sauce, chicken broth and five spices powder. Stir and add Tofu and eggs. Braise for 15 minutes.
5. Turn up the heat, add 1 tbsp oil and stir.